[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OT: wireless PTP
 Date:  Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:03:43 -0600 (CST)
Typically the power loss on 30ft of antenna cabling will be quite a bit which means you'll probably
need to invest in an amplifier.  Why not keep that loss to a minimum by running Cat5 (Data and
power)? Also, you can find some great gel filled outdoor UV resistant cabling that isn't overly
expensive.

If you're also concerned about the temperatures affecting your radio, get a good radio that's
designed for outdoor use or put the radio into an enclosure that has a heating element. They sound
odd but work very reliably in the installations I've used them on.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105