[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andreas Damm <andreas at dwl dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Portforwarding L2TP Connection from IPSec Tunnel
 Date:  Tue, 04 Nov 2008 11:29:19 -0700
I am trying to setup l2tp/ipsec connectivity to m0n0wall (1.3b15) by
having m0n0wall handle ipsec and a windows 2003 server the l2tp part.

This used to be working with my previous firewall (OpenWRT). All that
was required was to disable ipsec on the windows server such that it
would accept plain l2tp requests and on the firewall side a road warrior
setup for ipsec and DNAT which would forward l2tp requests from the
ipsec tunnel to the windows server.

On m0n0wall I have the ipsec part working (added logging firewall rule
to verify that l2tp packets are received from tunnel) but cannot work
out how to setup port forwarding.

I have tried inbound nat with interface set to WAN but to no avail (no
traffic arrives on the windows server). It appears to me that inbound
nat should have an option to choose the ipsec pseudo-interface.

Any ideas on how to apply inbound nat to packets arriving from an ipsec
tunnel?