[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 Subject:  WII behind m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:02:30 -0500
I have a WII behind my m0n0wall at home.  I'm running 1.3B15.  I am
unable to host a room on the WII.  I can connect to a hosted room
without issue.  I found the ports used to host a game and port forwarded
them to my WII.  However, even though they are not being blocked
(checked the logs), the connection still does not happen.  So, I dropped
a Linksys in place, bam, hosting works fine.  So I did a bit more
experimenting with the m0n0wall (borrowed a friend's WII and connected
them both).  If I do a 1:1 NAT mapping to the WII from my outside IP and
open the firewall ports, everything works fine.  If I simply port
forward the ports and open the firewall, it will not work.  So my
question here is, what is the major difference between port forwarding
and 1:1, and is there a way to get around this problem?  I would love to
leave the 1:1 in place, but unfortunately I only have a single IP and
other services that run behind it that get broken when the 1:1 is in
place.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Chris