[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Kingman <tim dot kingman at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  Re: WII behind m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 3 Dec 2008 20:51:33 -0500
What games are you playing? I'm running 1.235 and have never set up
any forwarding to my Wii, and I don't have any problems "hosting" in
Mario Kart or Guitar Hero. I had assumed that the Wii connected to
Nintendo's WFC servers and all the communication happened there,
rather than the PC games style of having other players actually
connecting to your PC. When I have had problems, I would get
disconnected after a minute or two of a kart race, but we would see
similar issues regardless of who first opened the room.

I guess I don't really have any useful suggestions or information
here. I'm sure there are other Wii owners on multiple firmware
versions to chime in. I have some spare hardware here and may try
installing 1.3 over the weekend to see if I get different results than
1.2.

-Tim