[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IPv6 IP addresses in aliases?
 Date:  Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:21:15 -0500
Hi Manuel... Just starting to focus heavily on my IPv6 learning and have found
that while I AM able to enter IPv6 addresses for source or destination hosts
on individual IPv6 firewall rules, I am not allowed to them in aliases.

Is this something that can be or is being considered?  The point of aliases is
 so that one does not have to remember and type those god-awful 32-bit
addresses all the time, and 128-bit hexidecimal are even more "god-awful-er"
to try to remember. ;-)

As always, thanks!

--
Bill Arlofski