[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  horace butteryak <chrysalis72 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  modify logoff window?
 Date:  Sat, 6 Dec 2008 01:40:57 +0000
Hello.
    I"m wondering about the logoff button that pops up with the captive por=
tal.  I'm wondering if there is a way to modify it's code so that It sends =
an automatic logoff if the user closes the browser window without loggin of=
f.   I'm thinking this could be done with a "onbeforeunload"   html type of=
 command.   perhaps use the "onbeforeunload"  to send the form automaticall=
y if the user doesnt hit "logoff"

Anythoughts on if this can be done? Where I can find the code to modify?  C=
ode suggestions?

Thanks for any help/thoughts on this one.

This is a pretty essential need for me where I have several public computer=
s in library that users forget to logoff often.   I have an idle timer set=
=2C but if somone gets on before the idle time is up=2C they can still acce=
ss previous users acct.

"I come to you now, at the turn of the tide"--------Gandalf