[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: WII behind m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 11 Dec 2008 18:54:13 -0500
David Burgess wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 4:32 AM, Christopher M. Iarocci <
> iarocci at eastendsc dot com> wrote:
>

>> I have used a default config, no luck.  Also, I am using 1.3B15 and  Tim is
>> using 1.235.
>> What about the problem going away if I use a 1:1 mapping?  I'd like to just
>> use that, but can not because of other services running behind the m0n0.
>>  Any thoughts?
>>

> Are you sure you can't get a second IP address? Around here the major ISPs
> advertise 2 IP addresses on all their service plans, but you only get 1
> until you actually call them and arrange the second. Then you could do 1:1
> with the Wii on one address, everything else on the other.
>
> db

Sure, I could get a 2nd IP if I get a 2nd account and modem for another
$50/month.  Wii games aren't THAT important to me.  ;-)  My son is the
one who is complaining, and frankly, unless a 7 year old can get a job
and make $50/month, that ain't happening!  :-)

But seriously, no, I can not get a 2nd IP.  I've been down that road
before for other purposes and the only way is to upgrade my service to a
business account, or just get 2 modems and 2 accounts.

I'm afraid my son is going to complain until I replace the m0n0wall with
the POS Linksys that works for his purposes.  Being 7, he of course can
not understand the benefits of one router over another, especially if it
doesn't work as he wants it.

Chris