[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: WII behind m0n0wall
 Date:  Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:50:52 -0500
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Christopher M. Iarocci
<iarocci at eastendsc dot com> wrote:

> Actually, neither one of those really meets my needs.  I need 1.3B15 and I'm
> going to keep it either way.  I just wish someone could explain why a 1:1
> works and how I can work around the problem without suggesting I drop
> 1.3B15.

Source port rewriting maybe?  1.3b14 added "imported ipnat source port
randomization patch from FreeBSD CVS", and rewriting source ports will
break a lot of games. Maybe 1:1 doesn't rewrite source ports. Trying
1.3b13 would confirm or deny that.

I also see:
"added new option to System: Advanced page to control the port range
used for random source port allocation during outbound NAT (default is
1024 - 64535; portrange sysctls have been adjusted accordingly)"

But don't see a mention of any ability to turn it off and I don't have
a b14 or newer box handy right now.

-Chris