[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Silvan Gebhardt <pcdog at pcdog dot ch>
 To:  Marco Lingen <m dot lingen at ooms dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] comparison
 Date:  Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:08:42 +0100
Am 15.12.2008 um 15:03 schrieb Marco Lingen:

> We want to use the monowall for site to site vpn connections on P4
> 2,8Mhz pc's with 512Mb.
> I want to make a little comparison chart between monowall, ZyWall and
> Sonicwall vpn builder / firewall.
> Is there something on the web that i can't find..
>
> If not perhaps there are people who can help me with these questions.
> What is the max ipsec 3des/sha1 throughput speed for vpn site to site
> connections?

I suppose the 2.8mhz PC can get a few kbyte/sec through... you might
consider getting at least a few hundred mhz

just kidding - 2.8Ghz would get a few tens of mbit through - I dont
know, 50? 100?  how many sites are you connecting? are you doing a
star-topology or site2site in a net-shaped-topology?

> Are the processor in combination with memory the greatest
> limitatations
> for this throughput or are there software limitatations?
only hardware

> What is the maximum number of simultanius vpn tunnels ?

unlimited, just limited by maximum what the hardware can provide

> Thanx
> Marco
>
> btw great product i want to use but i have to convince my boss ;-)

> De informatie verzonden met dit e-mail bericht is uitsluitend
> bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Gebruik van deze informatie door
> anderen dan de geadresseerde is niet toegestaan.
> Aan de inhoud van deze e-mail kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.

Silvan Gebhardt
PCdogIT
+41 78 810 39 88
+1 (505) 480-9905