[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Marco Lingen" <M dot Lingen at ooms dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] comparison
 Date:  Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:58:07 +0100
It wil be used for a star-topology network with 10 sites connected.

Right now we are using a zywall 70 with zywall 35's on the site's on a 10Mb internet line will be
25Mb in the near future.
When the throughput is about 5-6Mb the Zywall 70 has a processor utilization between 60-90% and
losing connections.
But according to the specs the zywall 70 can do 50Mb hmm.. thats why i'm asking for the max values
to compare to the newer zywall or sonicwall's

But i found that the ZyWall USG 1050 is using only a celeron 1,6Mhz processor with 512Mb ram and
cost a lot.

The P4 2,8 second hand ex lease pc cost me about ?70,-- and stil i have to convince my boss about
stability, maximum performance and proven technology of monowall.

Am 15.12.2008 um 15:03 schrieb Marco Lingen:

	We want to use the monowall for site to site vpn connections on P4
	2,8Mhz pc's with 512Mb.
	I want to make a little comparison chart between monowall, ZyWall and
	Sonicwall vpn builder / firewall.
	Is there something on the web that i can't find..

	If not perhaps there are people who can help me with these questions.
	What is the max ipsec 3des/sha1 throughput speed for vpn site to site
	connections?

I suppose the 2.8mhz PC can get a few kbyte/sec through... you might consider getting at least a few
hundred mhz

just kidding - 2.8Ghz would get a few tens of mbit through - I dont know, 50? 100?  how many sites
are you connecting? are you doing a star-topology or site2site in a net-shaped-topology?

	Are the processor in combination with memory the greatest limitatations
	for this throughput or are there software limitatations?

only hardware

	What is the maximum number of simultanius vpn tunnels ?

unlimited, just limited by maximum what the hardware can provide

	Thanx
	Marco

	btw great product i want to use but i have to convince my boss ;-)

	De informatie verzonden met dit e-mail bericht is uitsluitend
	bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Gebruik van deze informatie door
	anderen dan de geadresseerde is niet toegestaan.
	Aan de inhoud van deze e-mail kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.

Silvan Gebhardt
PCdogIT
+41 78 810 39 88
+1 (505) 480-9905