[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mac OS problem with Monowall
 Date:  Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:11:42 -0600
rgreiner wrote:
> Lee Sharp wrote:
>> The non-dhcp adds complications.  Start by lookin at the arp table at
>> each end.  I would not be surprised to find an arp issue.
>>
> Non-DHCP? I don't understand. I said that DHCP is being handled by a
> dedicated FreeBSD box, not that there is no DHCP. Could you please
> elaborate what kind of problems you mean I would find in the ARP tables?

With m0n0wall NOT doing DHCP you can NOT look in the DHCP leases and
compair them with the arp table.  You will have to look at the m0n0wall
arp table, the mac arp table, the FreeBSD arp table, and the DHCP leases
on the FraaBSD box and see what is different.  When 2 devices on the
same subnet can not find each other, that is usually an arp issue.

			Lee