[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on ALIX kernel panicing and rebooting
 Date:  Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:53:19 -0500
when using the exec.php script and issuing an ipfstat -s command  several
times while monitoring, I see that the "active" line range from about 1200 to
around 3000 but never more than that... These stats listed below are for about
 1.5 hours uptime.

--[snip]--
$ ipfstat -s
IP states added:
	55789 TCP
	38468 UDP
	907 ICMP
	9963367 hits
	187244 misses
	0 bucket full
	0 maximum rule references
	0 maximum
	0 no memory
	1267 bkts in use
	1299 active
	38838 expired
	55027 closed
State logging enabled

State table bucket statistics:
	1267 in use
	97% hash efficiency
	2.96% bucket usage
	0 minimal length
	2 maximal length
	1.025 average length

TCP Entries per state
     0     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10    11
     0   106     0     0   105     1     0     0     0     0   360   190
--[snip]--

Is there an easy way (using wget) to issue this command in a script to either
exec.php or exec_raw.php and get the output back so that I can track this over
time in a script or cron job?  I am betting that there is some convoluted way
to POST using wget but have not had the time to get to that, and wanted to
post the above information to this thread anyway for future reference.

Thanks everyone. :)

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC