[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Block 300 IP's
 Date:  Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:17:35 -0600 (CST)
Denyhosts does have a timeout setting for how long hosts should remain in the hosts.deny file. Upon
reaching this value, the entries will be purged. I have a few systems with 1000+ entries(attacked
very often and very lengthy deny periods :-) ) from Denyhosts and it does not slow anything down.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105