[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kim Hartlev <kim at hartlev dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic Shaper - automatic update of pipe bandwidth
 Date:  Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:38:14 +0000
Hi,

My ADSL connection is very unstable and the router needs to be rebooted
frequently which very often results in different up/down stream speeds.
E.g. the downstream varies between 3 and 6 Mbit.
This is not ideal for the fixed bandwidth values defined in the pipes of
the traffic shaper and I was hoping to create a script that reads the
actual available bandwidth from the ADSL modem and configures the pipes
accordingly.

I would be very grateful if someone had an idea how this could be
achieved on the monowall side.

Thanks,
Kim