[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaper - automatic update of pipe bandwidth
 Date:  Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:05:15 -0600 (CST)
Sounds like you've got a bad or otherwise less than perfect ADSL circuit. Rather than scripting
something to deal with it, why not talk to your provider and have them fix the isssue? Many times,
its simply a case of a bad pair from the local "can" to your demarc which is their responsibility to
fix. But eek... a variance between 3-6mbit is quite wide. Sounds like you definitely have line
issues which prevent your modem from sync'ing properly.

Regardless, from a Linux box you should be able to use Curl to get the status page from your modem
and then parse out the data you need(sed/awk/grep/etc). Then, use Curl again to submit a POST to the
m0n0wall page where those values need to be updated. "Simple". :-)

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105