[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Matt McLaughlin <m0n0 at mattmclaughlin dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  "No boot device available" message
 Date:  Fri, 02 Jan 2009 11:05:26 -0500
Hi,

Just upgraded to 1.3B15 yesterday on an Alix board from an earlier 1.3B
(I think 8) release.  I also had to change from an 8 to 16 meg CF as
part of the process.

With my new configuration, when the box reboots, it doesn't come up, and
I get a message on the serial console saying "No boot device availalbe.
Press Enter to continue."  Pressing enter doesn't work.  If I
unplug/plug the power, it comes up without a problem.  I need to do more
testing to see if I can narrow this down to the new CF card or the
version, but has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,
Matt