[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Zanker <mike at zanker dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Strange NTP behaviour
 Date:  Wed, 07 Jan 2009 13:17:28 +0000
Hi,

I'm running 1.3b15 on a net4801. I have an NTP server on my local LAN
specified with an update interval of 60 minutes. This has been working
fine for months until a couple of weeks ago when I had to power off the
net4801 for a few minutes. Ever since I powered it on again it has been
flooding my NTP server with NTP requests - around 10 per second. This
happens regardless of the clock update interval setting. It also happens
regardless of which NTP server I use. I set it to update from a
pool.ntp.org server with exactly the same results.

Has anybody seen this behaviour before? I didn't change the m0n0wall
config at all - just powered the soekris off and on again.

Thanks,

Mike