[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  rgreiner <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 To:  Peter Pauly <ppauly at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Tough sell to my boss
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:32:03 -0200
Peter Pauly wrote:
> My boss is the type of person who would rather pay more (loads more)
> for a Cisco ASA because paid support can be found for it and there are
> "lots of people who know how to support it". I need to counter these
> arguments in order to implement m0n0wall.
>
> 1. Are there any companies in the USA supporting m0n0wall (paid support)?

Can't help you here, since I work in Brazil.
> 2. What major (well known) companies or organizations (Universities,
> etc) are using m0n0wall in production?

respected in Latin America, uses Monowall to control access to all the
Wireless traffic in almost all it's campi (one minor campus uses
pfsense). Our main install has an average of 200+ simultaneous users,
with peaks coming close to 500 simultaneous users.

Roberto

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                       Murphy