[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "William F. Dudley Jr." <wfdudley at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Tough sell to my boss
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:33:40 -0500
This may count as topic hijacking, but . . .

I certainly wouldn't recommend trying to build a production router
using the Alix
2C3 board.  I and others have had mysterious failures (the ethernet ports just
stop working) and I have not seen a solution.

I'd dearly love to be using my Alix 2C3 board with m0n0wall, but the
flaky hardware
makes it unusable, and I feel I've thrown away a couple hundred bucks.
 So I keep
using an ancient P75 running LRP ("linux router project") that refuses to die.

If anybody has heard of a fix to the flaky Alix boards I'd love to
hear about it.

Bill