[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  kudzu at tenebras dot com
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Tough sell to my boss
 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:10:50 -0500
Michael Sierchio wrote:
> Rhon-Kaniel Bramwell wrote:
>
>> I have hundreds of these boards with no issues in production. The most
>> problem that ive had is with the power over the minipci slots which ive
>> solved by some simple soldering with some instructions and parts
>> supplied by pdornier.
>>

> Hand-soldering is for hobbyists, not professionals, IMHO.

If NASA can send it into space I'd have to say it would be good enough
for any professional as well.  If you don't know what you're doing then
that's a different story, and if you don't or can't prove that you do,
you won't be working on any NASA equipment.

But then again, perhaps I'm showing my age.  You used to need to know
that in order to consider yourself a professional.
;)