[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: SV: [m0n0wall] Tough sell to my boss
 Date:  Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:55:12 -0600
Ulrik Lunddahl (PROconsult) wrote:
> Hi Thomas!
>
> Trust can't be sold, but is required to be in stock to sell anything else.
>
> Monowall is a product, but everything around it is based on trust, since trust can't be sold, i
have nothing to sell when the customer asks for insurance for:

> - that errors will be fixed in a certain time frame.
> - that the product will be developed for x years.
> - that the product will be compatible with x other product.
> and more...

And what commercial product offers this?  Especially after being
swallowed by Microsoft, Oracle, BMC, IBM and discontinued, or just going
out of business?  One of the most frustrating issues I run into are
customers comparing apples to fantasy.  If monowall folds, you still
have to source and can develop it in house.  Can't do that with Raptor
now... http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=52789

             Lee