[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew at ATM Logic" < at >
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  LAN to WAN performance issues.
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jan 2009 21:29:26 -0600
I don't think I did anything to start this... but... what should I look for
in this case.  Transfer performance from PC's on my LAN is (through wireless
link however) only about 12-20Kbs however if I download from a WAN site
(e.g. Download.com) I can get 340ish (or about what my connection gives me
via wired)

My m0n0o box is 192.168.1.x, my lan is 192.168.0.x.  I used to be able to
transfer files from a wireless system on 192.168.1.x (e.g. files to my
laptop from my desktop) at about 2-4Mbs and a number of weeks ago this
suddenly totally dropped?  Everything is still working normally however...
We have a number of users that are happy as can be...  Surfing is ... fine.
DNS looks good, Network seems fine on the LAN side, fine on the WAN side,
WAP is fine...  Somehow from the LAN to WAN... totally not fine.

Any thoughts on that?