[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Peter Parnican" <monowallboy at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Captive portal - Idle timeout issue
 Date:  Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:38:43 +0100
Here are some more infos :
I have started Captive Portal on 01/18/2009 04:44:45, browsing the net
~3minutes and than my notebook was disconnected from the network over
30hours. Idle timeout is set to 20minutes but my notebook was still
listed in the Captive Portal status page after 30hours of inactivity.

This morning I have connected my notebook back to the network and
browsing the net couple of minutes and definitely new session started
but in the status page i can see still same start time 01/18/2009
04:44:45 which is not reflecting reality. Last activity time is
updated correctly.

There can be two explanations:
1, this is wanted behavior, but i'm loosing whats the benefit if only
first "session start" logged and Idle timeout selected
2, this is a bug

Regards, Peter

--
I'm using m0n0wall from 2004! Its great!