[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] network connectivity suddenly gone until m0n0wall restart
 Date:  Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:28:44 -0700

>> Is anybody seeing a similar problem?
>
> I don't, but I have a switch/hub in between the PCs and Alix.
>
> However I have seen several mentions of similar problems including
>
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=344/90

What version are you running?  We were plagued with mysterious lockups for
what seemed to be no reason for a long time.  When were running any of the
1.2 versions (official or beta) we would see lockups on one of our
installs - the uptime could be anywhere from 12 hours to 20+ days.  The day
1.3b1 came out (newer BSD base) I upgraded to that and our issues vanished -
we have not had a lockup since, and we are still running 1.3b1 (uptime on
that problem unit of over 340 days right now since last reboot).