[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple internal networks
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:09:56 -0600
Peter Pauly wrote:
> I am routing multiple internal networks to the firewall. Besides
> adding static routes, is there anything special I need to do to
> configure m0n0wall to handle this situation?  What about LAN side
> rules?

First, are you hooking up a router with networks behind it, or adding
NICs for additional networks?  If that later, you don't need static
routs.  That if for routs to networks 1 or more hops away from m0n0wall.

Second, firewall rules are "In" to the interface you are working with.
The default LAN rule is wide open, but few people leave it like that.
Make sure you have rules for your other networks.

			Lee