[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  Marcel Wiget <mwiget at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Which dynamic DNS services do you use?
 Date:  Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:51:44 -0800
Marcel,

I'm a little late to the thread.  But, since b16 hasn't been released yet,
I'm hoping to be able to fit this in.

I use namecheap.com as a host provider and they support dynamic DNS updates
via a URL.  You did mention DNS updates via http/https, so here's the format
from the help file on namecheap.

 How to use a browser to update my Dynamic DNS IP?

Please use the following URL format (URL information) to update the IP of
your domain:
https://dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/update?host=*[host_name]*&domain=*[
domain.com]*&password=*[domain_password]*&ip=*[your_ip]*

*for example*, if you want to update IP address for *myip.johnsmith.com*
host = myip
domain = johnsmith.com
password = Password will be provided in the dynamic dns page of the domain.
You should go to Modify Domain page and click on 'Dynamic DNS' on the left
to obtain this password.
ip = *optional*. If you don't specify any IP, the IP from which you are
accessing this URL will be set for the domain.