[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tobias Balle-Petersen <tbp at kontrapunkt dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  How to use different DNS-servers for LAN & PPTP?
 Date:  Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:28:44 +0100
Hello list.

I have machines in my DMZ that are available from the internet (IMAPS
etc.). To make the machines available to machines on the LAN, I have had
to override the IPs of the public machines using the DNS server on mono.

This work s fine for machines on the LAN.

When machines connect to the PPTP VPN from the Internet, they are
assigned the DNS server on mono. This changes the IPs of the publically
  available machines. This makes the VPN users loose the connection to
services.

So what I want to do is:
Make the machines on the VPN PPTP use a DNS server that does not change
the IPs of the public machines.

My clients are on OS X 10.5. I can specify a DNS-server for the
VPN-connection, but it ends up having lower priority than the
DNS-servers assigned by mono.

Thanks,
Tobias