[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Quark IT - Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 To:  David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Which dynamic DNS services do you use?
 Date:  Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:11:59 +1000

G'day David,

I didn't hijack this thread - you seem not to understand the term.  This thread was about finding
out which services people use to see if they need to be added to m0n0wall's "Dynamic DNS" client.
Experiences we've had with the ones being recommended are therefore relevant, and as the person who
originally posted about EveryDNS/OpenDNS was incorrect about the owners of the two projects, I
though it pertinent to correct this mistake and give my own experience of OpenDNS - which happens to
concur with a number of other IT consultants who have noticed it causing more issues than they get
by not using it.

Feel free to start your own thread, however, on the definition of hijacking.  :)

--

http://hiltont.blogspot.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

     Microsoft SBSC PAL (Australia) http://www.sbscpal.com/

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT