[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Tollison <ktollison at gmail dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Which dynamic DNS services do you use?
 Date:  Sun, 15 Mar 2009 00:46:28 -0400
Sorry to have upset you Travis. EveryDNS was recommended by some
people in my local LUG. So far it works just fine and seems to have a
strong user base.

As far as OpenDNS. I understand the business model and am rarely
redirected to the search/ad pages. For me and many of my clients it
has been faster and more reliable than our  ISP's DNS servers.
If/When that changes I have the freedom to stop using the service just
as I had the freedom to start using it.

Please give me some numbers to back up your claim. My personal
experience over the last couple of years with them has been great.

On 3/14/09, David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Quark IT - Hilton Travis
> <Hilton at quarkit dot com dot au> wrote:
>> G'day Kevin,
>>
>> OpenDNS - the DNS solution to your Internet issues - when it goes down (as
>> it
>> does more often than any other service) you won't have any inappropriate
>> content issues as you won't be able to get to any sites, and when it is
>> on, it will

> That's a bit harsh, if not libelous. Anybody that uses OpenDNS knows
> that they advertise; they're quite open about it. As for their
> performance record, on what do you base that accusation?
>
>> the guy who started EveryDNS is an employee of the OpenDNS project, not
>> its
>> creator.
>
> You seem to know a lot about him. Is this personal?
>
> How about instead of hijacking this thread about what dynamic DNS
> services the users want, you start a new one on the topic of your own
> liking? It's what etiquette dictates.
>
> db

Sent from my mobile device