[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Which dynamic DNS services do you use?
 Date:  Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:36:56 -0400
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Quark IT - Hilton Travis
<Hilton at quarkit dot com dot au> wrote:

outages caused more issues for our
> clients than their beneficial features resulted in, so we've moved back to ISP DNS and had no

> keeping an eye out for OpenDNS, though, and hope to try their service again sometime in the
future.

I have OpenDNS deployed at several locations in the US and have yet to
see a single outage. I've been very happy with it. Granted I'm all the
way on the other side of the planet from you, Hilton. Not sure how
they distribute load, though geography could very well make a
difference. Or the time zone difference, it could have happened in the
middle of the day there but at 3 AM here. I have a few hundred users
using it, I'd have heard screaming had it gone down for just seconds
any time during US Eastern business hours.

-Chris