[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive portal problems
 Date:  Sat, 21 Mar 2009 04:44:52 +0100
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Jessica Aguilar <jaguilar at skyriver dot net>wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am having some problems with captive portal
> 1.- User login the first time to captive portal fine  no problem.   I
> can see the user log in on captive portal status.
>
> 2.- If the user didn't log out or wait enough time to time out and tried
> to access the internet then it goes to page cannot be display. I did
> some work around and what I currently do  is I log out manually by going
> into the captive portal status.

Hi jessica,

This is very strange, I never saw this behavior.
What version are you using and which client browser?
Is their maybe a proxy set in the browser settings? (just guessing)

> Is there anyway I can do this automatically.

Not that I know of, but normally you won't need that too

> The other problem I have is users start complaining that they need to
> keep re authenticate  every certain time . I tried to play with the idle
> time out but did get a solution.

You don't need to play with idle timeout, but with session time-out.
Idle timeout means a user get logged out after x seconds when there is no
activity or any traffic sent.
If you for example set session time-out to 86400 (== 1 day in seconds) your
users will only have to login once every 24 hours.

 Kind regards,
Y.