[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 
 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Vanggaard_Jensen?= <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  "'Claus at Monowall'" <Claus at Monowall>, <apiasecki at midatlanticbb dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DHCPDECLINE
 Date:  Sat, 28 Mar 2009 15:48:28 +0100
I haven't been able to determine who own's the macaddress bc:95:81:00:00:0f.
This is work in progress and i hope I'll  have an answer soon.

However, i do not see why bc:95:81:00:00:0f should cause Vista to decline
the offered IP address. VISTA should only decline the IP address if it
detects an IP address conflict.

BR




-----Original Message-----
From: Claus@Monowall [mailto:Monowall at mail dash fwd dot archie dot dk] 
Sent: 28. marts 2009 11:27
To: apiasecki at midatlanticbb dot com
Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch; m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: RE: [m0n0wall] DHCPDECLINE

Why is the failing ARP

> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      38 15:31:12.537248 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 38 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured) Ethernet II, Src: 
> bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  

Saying

Tell 0.0.0.0

Why not

Tell real ip of bc:95:81:00:00:0f

Who is bc:95:81:00:00:0f ? First time I see it is in the failing ARPs ??

Claus



-----Original Message-----
From: apiasecki at midatlanticbb dot com [mailto:apiasecki at midatlanticbb dot com]
Posted At: Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:14 AM Posted To: Monowall
Conversation: [m0n0wall] DHCPDECLINE
Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] DHCPDECLINE

I have this same problem. On the same connection Windows XP will grab DHCP
just fine but Vista won't. I haven't figure it out either. It's only Vista
machines that are having this problem, all other OS's work fine. Its strange
because some vista machines will work fine, while others won't.
Usually i just tell the guest the call Microsoft's and explain that windows
XP machines are working fine on the network and Vista isn't.

Adam


> Hi,
>  
> I REALLY need your help with this one....
>  
> I have a wireless network. All accesspoints are sitting behind monowall
> (net5501 + embedded image). Most clients connect without problems.
However,
> a few VISTA clients are unable to obtain an IP address vis monowall DHCP. 
>  
> If the VISTA machine is left connected, chances are, that the client will
> (temporarily) get an IP address after a day or two.  This is of course
> unacceptable. The problem only affects some VISTA machines.
>  
> I've tried just about everything - including VISTA registry fixes,
disabling
> IPv6, adding broadcast flag to dhcpd.conf etc. etc. 
>   
> Below I've pasted a wireshark capture taken on one of the affected
machines.
> For no apparent reason the VISTA Home Premium (SP1) declines the address.
> This loop continues endlessly. Please, Please, Please take a look at the
> below trace and let me know i you have any ideas regarding solving this
> problem.
>
> Monowall is at 10.0.10.1 (mac 00:00:24:cb:1f:9e)
> Client has mac 00:15:af:30:bc:95
>
> BR

>
>
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      13 15:31:11.982579 0.0.0.0               255.255.255.255       DHCP
> DHCP Discover - Transaction ID 0x1df18178
>  
> Frame 13 (342 bytes on wire, 342 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0), Dst: 255.255.255.255
> (255.255.255.255)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: bootpc (68), Dst Port: bootps (67)
> Bootstrap Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      14 15:31:12.025251 Olicom_cb:1f:9e       Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 10.0.10.1
>  
> Frame 14 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Olicom_cb:1f:9e (00:00:24:cb:1f:9e), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      15 15:31:12.046721 10.0.10.1             255.255.255.255       DHCP
> DHCP Offer    - Transaction ID 0x1df18178
>  
> Frame 15 (342 bytes on wire, 342 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Olicom_cb:1f:9e (00:00:24:cb:1f:9e), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.1 (10.0.10.1), Dst: 255.255.255.255
> (255.255.255.255)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: bootps (67), Dst Port: bootpc (68)
> Bootstrap Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      16 15:31:12.047595 0.0.0.0               255.255.255.255       DHCP
> DHCP Request  - Transaction ID 0x1df18178
>  
> Frame 16 (350 bytes on wire, 350 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0), Dst: 255.255.255.255
> (255.255.255.255)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: bootpc (68), Dst Port: bootps (67)
> Bootstrap Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      17 15:31:12.098901 10.0.10.1             255.255.255.255       DHCP
> DHCP ACK      - Transaction ID 0x1df18178
>  
> Frame 17 (342 bytes on wire, 342 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Olicom_cb:1f:9e (00:00:24:cb:1f:9e), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.1 (10.0.10.1), Dst: 255.255.255.255
> (255.255.255.255)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: bootps (67), Dst Port: bootpc (68)
> Bootstrap Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      18 15:31:12.126594 10.0.10.157           224.0.0.252           IGMP
> V2 Membership Report
>  
> Frame 18 (46 bytes on wire, 46 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:00:00:fc (01:00:5e:00:00:fc)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 224.0.0.252
> (224.0.0.252)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      19 15:31:12.127938 10.0.10.157           224.0.0.252           UDP
> Source port: 58869  Destination port: 5355
>  
> Frame 19 (66 bytes on wire, 66 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:00:00:fc (01:00:5e:00:00:fc)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 224.0.0.252
> (224.0.0.252)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: 58869 (58869), Dst Port: 5355 (5355)
> Data (24 bytes)
>  
> 0000  38 cc 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 70 6f 75   8............pou
> 0010  6c 50 43 00 00 ff 00 01                           lPC.....
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      20 15:31:12.170162 10.0.10.157           239.255.255.250       IGMP
> V2 Membership Report
>  
> Frame 20 (46 bytes on wire, 46 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 239.255.255.250
> (239.255.255.250)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      21 15:31:12.181241 10.0.10.157           10.0.10.255           NBNS
> Registration NB POULPC<00>
>  
> Frame 21 (110 bytes on wire, 110 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 10.0.10.255
> (10.0.10.255)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: netbios-ns (137), Dst Port: netbios-ns
> (137)
> NetBIOS Name Service
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      22 15:31:12.208508 10.0.10.157           10.0.10.1             DNS
> Standard query A isatap.bogenseferiepark.local
>  
> Frame 22 (89 bytes on wire, 89 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> Olicom_cb:1f:9e (00:00:24:cb:1f:9e)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 10.0.10.1
> (10.0.10.1)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: 54173 (54173), Dst Port: domain (53)
> Domain Name System (query)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      23 15:31:12.228246 10.0.10.157           224.0.0.252           UDP
> Source port: 58869  Destination port: 5355
>  
> Frame 23 (66 bytes on wire, 66 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:00:00:fc (01:00:5e:00:00:fc)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 224.0.0.252
> (224.0.0.252)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: 58869 (58869), Dst Port: 5355 (5355)
> Data (24 bytes)
>  
> 0000  38 cc 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 70 6f 75   8............pou
> 0010  6c 50 43 00 00 ff 00 01                           lPC.....
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      24 15:31:12.233147 Olicom_cb:1f:9e       Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 10.0.10.1
>  
> Frame 24 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Olicom_cb:1f:9e (00:00:24:cb:1f:9e), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      25 15:31:12.233166 Azurewav_30:bc:95     Olicom_cb:1f:9e       ARP
> 10.0.10.157 is at 00:15:af:30:bc:95
>  
> Frame 25 (42 bytes on wire, 42 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> Olicom_cb:1f:9e (00:00:24:cb:1f:9e)
> Address Resolution Protocol (reply)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      26 15:31:12.258990 10.0.10.1             10.0.10.157           DNS
> Standard query response, No such name
>  
> Frame 26 (89 bytes on wire, 89 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Olicom_cb:1f:9e (00:00:24:cb:1f:9e), Dst:
> Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.1 (10.0.10.1), Dst: 10.0.10.157
> (10.0.10.157)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: domain (53), Dst Port: 54173 (54173)
> Domain Name System (response)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      27 15:31:12.287608 10.0.10.157           224.0.0.2             IGMP
> V2 Leave Group
>  
> Frame 27 (46 bytes on wire, 46 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:00:00:02 (01:00:5e:00:00:02)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 224.0.0.2
> (224.0.0.2)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      28 15:31:12.289184 10.0.10.157           239.255.255.250       IGMP
> V2 Membership Report
>  
> Frame 28 (46 bytes on wire, 46 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 239.255.255.250
> (239.255.255.250)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      29 15:31:12.321030 10.0.10.157           224.0.0.2             IGMP
> V2 Leave Group
>  
> Frame 29 (46 bytes on wire, 46 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:00:00:02 (01:00:5e:00:00:02)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 224.0.0.2
> (224.0.0.2)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      30 15:31:12.322368 10.0.10.157           239.255.255.250       IGMP
> V2 Membership Report
>  
> Frame 30 (46 bytes on wire, 46 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 239.255.255.250
> (239.255.255.250)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      31 15:31:12.326139 10.0.1.2              239.255.255.250       IGMP
> V2 Membership Query
>  
> Frame 31 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Draytek_f0:17:c5 (00:50:7f:f0:17:c5), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.1.2 (10.0.1.2), Dst: 239.255.255.250
> (239.255.255.250)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      32 15:31:12.359793 10.0.1.2              239.255.255.250       IGMP
> V2 Membership Query
>  
> Frame 32 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Draytek_f0:17:c5 (00:50:7f:f0:17:c5), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.1.2 (10.0.1.2), Dst: 239.255.255.250
> (239.255.255.250)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      33 15:31:12.480069 Azurewav_30:bc:95     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 33 (42 bytes on wire, 42 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      34 15:31:12.480210 10.0.10.157           224.0.0.252           IGMP
> V2 Membership Report
>  
> Frame 34 (46 bytes on wire, 46 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:00:00:fc (01:00:5e:00:00:fc)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 224.0.0.252
> (224.0.0.252)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      35 15:31:12.480245 10.0.10.157           239.255.255.250       IGMP
> V2 Membership Report
>  
> Frame 35 (46 bytes on wire, 46 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst:
> 01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa (01:00:5e:7f:ff:fa)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 10.0.10.157 (10.0.10.157), Dst: 239.255.255.250
> (239.255.255.250)
> Internet Group Management Protocol
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      36 15:31:12.525878 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 36 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      37 15:31:12.533467 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 37 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      38 15:31:12.537248 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 38 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      39 15:31:12.539246 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 39 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      40 15:31:12.541225 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 40 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      41 15:31:12.543854 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 41 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      42 15:31:12.545738 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 42 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      43 15:31:12.547597 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 43 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      44 15:31:12.549569 bc:95:81:00:00:0f     Broadcast             ARP
> Who has 10.0.10.157?  Tell 0.0.0.0
>  
> Frame 44 (60 bytes on wire, 60 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: bc:95:81:00:00:0f (bc:95:81:00:00:0f), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Address Resolution Protocol (request)
>  
> No.     Time            Source                Destination
Protocol
> Info
>      45 15:31:12.621206 0.0.0.0               255.255.255.255       DHCP
> DHCP Decline  - Transaction ID 0x1df18178
>  
> Frame 45 (342 bytes on wire, 342 bytes captured)
> Ethernet II, Src: Azurewav_30:bc:95 (00:15:af:30:bc:95), Dst: Broadcast
> (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
> Internet Protocol, Src: 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0), Dst: 255.255.255.255
> (255.255.255.255)
> User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: bootpc (68), Dst Port: bootps (67)
> Bootstrap Protocol
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
> For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
signature database 3957 (20090324) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>
>
>   

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch