[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  rgreiner <mrgreiner at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] CP logout when pop-up closed
 Date:  Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:46:54 -0300
I know this topic is a "little" old, but I just stumbled in an option
identified by one of our users.

When the captive portal opens, it opens with an url like <servername:8001>.

If the user closes the logout window, he can re-type manually that
address (server:8001). The login page appears. Type in your user (unlike
what I expected, it does no cause a double login problem). The logout
window does pop-up, and can be used to logout the user. I've tested the
procedure and it seems to work. I think it's not ideal, but many of our
users are doing it.

I just thought that I could add my (somewhat late) input to this.

Thanks,

Roberto Greiner

Ervin Malicdem wrote:
> this has been asked a couple of times here and at the forums and no useable
> inputs from anybody.
>
> i hope it can be called thru URL in the future.
>
> On Dec 31, 2007 11:30 PM, YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way a user can logout from the captive portal when he/she
>> closed
>> the logout pop-up?
>> I can see the logout popup is actually a small form sending a unique
>> logout_id.
>> Is there a way to recreate this or is there any other solution to give the
>> user the ability to log out?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Y.

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                       Murphy