[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b16 released
 Date:  Sat, 11 Apr 2009 21:06:35 +0200
I'll second this :-)
UPNP is the first thing to disable in any router/firewall when it is
available...

As UPNP might have easy features for some users, it sure is a potential
risk !
Imagine a trojan invading your humble computer, that is capable of
rewriting upnp - it would leave your firewall complete open onto the net !!

I asume that anyone wanting to have UPNP available, is either too lazy
to open up ports him/herself, or can't see the harm in random available
ports...