[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  ipv6, a little off topic
 Date:  Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:16:24 +0200
Hi,

Since this new release 1.3b16, I am trying to fiddle with ipv6.
I got ipv6 to 4 working, but with a 2001:: prefix... which in the end
only means that the monowall is translating...

By further digging, it seems that AICCU can overcome the fact that your
ISP isn't handing out IPv6 - would this be the best way to go for - or
are there any other ways in doing this ? (except of changing ISP).

I also have no clue on what advantages IPv6 can give me, but if I'll
never try this, I will only fall into this when the whole world starts
to change over.
I've read some things about it, but so long providers are not going to
make moves here in Europe (and especially Belgium), it seems to me that
there isn't a great advantage in it yet for me ?

kind regards,
Michel