[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Quark IT - Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkIT dot com dot au>
 To:  "ConiKost at gmx dot de" <ConiKost at gmx dot de>, "m0n0wall dash announce at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall dash announce at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b16 released
 Date:  Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:26:08 +1000

G'day Coni,

I agree - we should look at UPnP for every version and decide AGAINST it.  UPnP has *no* place on an
edge nor security device.  No place at all.  It is a security vulnerability lying in wait to be
compromised.  It is dangerous and in no way should ever be implemented on m0n0wall.  I want a
security device that *I* control, not that malware controls, thanks all the same.

--

http://hiltont.blogspot.com/

Regards,

Hilton Travis                       Phone: +61 (0)7 3105 9101
(Brisbane, Australia)               Phone: +61 (0)419 792 394
Manager, Quark IT                   http://www.quarkit.com.au
         Quark Group                http://www.quarkgroup.com.au

     Microsoft SBSC PAL (Australia) http://www.sbscpal.com/

                    Quark Group Pty. Ltd.
      T/A Quark Automation, Quark AudioVisual, Quark IT