[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  how do we check, that ipv6 is actually working (OT again)
 Date:  Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:39:37 +0200
I have tried Sixxs.net to activate ipv6 - but it seems not to work.
Then I tried to add IPv6 through tunnelbroker.net, and this installed
with a lot less hassle than Sixxs does.

Sixxs, took me 2 days before everything was in order (because they check
manually)... tunnelbroker, took me just 10 minutes !
I can now access ipv6 sites fine.

Now the real question : if I open for instance port 80, to my Vista
machine running IIS... all goes well, ... locally ?! But how can I check
that this is remotely working, without having to set up a second site
using ipv6 ?
I can access the domain I created, with the AAAA record created, but
this is definitely just through localhost - can't image that this is
working straight out of the box :-) (I tried to modify the port into
monowall, and still it is possible to access my IIS... so I know I'm
going over the localhost instead)

Kind regards,
Michel