[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Bertrand <steve at ibctech dot ca>
 To:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 Cc:  Egbert Jan van den Bussche <egbert at vandenbussche dot nl>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how do we check, that ipv6 is actually working (OT again)
 Date:  Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:32:23 -0400
Michel Servaes wrote:
> Egbert Jan,
>

> I have IPv6 working from all my computers, that is, when hitting
> sixy.ch, I see my IPv6 address in the corner... I can access all the
> sites that are IPv6 - did a cross check on IPv4 machines at the office....
> Now I just wanted to see if I could open up port 80 to one of my
> computers behind the monowall. And that anyone that has IPv6 can connect
> to my machine.

What IPv6 address is displayed when you go to:

http://ip6.me

from the web server?

I may have missed it, but what version of Windows/IIS are you running?

Once we establish these things, we can go to work identifying why the
box is unreachable.

You've already established that IIS works (internally at least) over v6.

I'd like to compare what you see at ip6.me (or ibctech.ca for that
matter) with the IP that you use to get to the site internally.

Steve