[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Bertrand <steve at ibctech dot ca>
 To:  Michel Servaes <michel at mcmc dot be>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how do we check, that ipv6 is actually working (OT again)
 Date:  Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:39:24 -0400
Michel Servaes wrote:
>          Routed /48:       2001:470:d39d::/48
>     Routed /64:     2001:470:1f15:158c::/64
>

> This is the config, I got from tunnelbroker.net
> But I have not configured the routed /48 part on my side at all. (the
> /48 part was optional at tunnelbroker.net)

Ok. This tells me that you have the m0n0wall NAT'ing IPv6 then.

Does the m0n0 have the capability to route IPv6 between the LAN
interface and the tunnel interface?

If your WAN (tunnel) interface is:

2001:470:1f15:158c::/64

Then as a test, assign:

2001:470:d39d:1::1/64 to the LAN interface, and configure a PC within:

2001:470:d39d:1::/64

I don't have any m0n0walls in use right now, so unfortunately I can't
provide any assistance with it's configuration.

> I'll try to setup Sixxs again, since they have a Windows Client too -
> that way I can try in between the office, and my home.
> At the office I don't have a monowall yet (have to wait 60 days, before
> I start working there :)  - and am not going to do experiments at my
> current job)

Ahhh, I see...

> Thank you for your testing though... but since I'm completely new to
> ipv6, I don't want to take your time too much ;)

Not a problem at all... if you were taking too much of my time, you
would know this by a lack of response ;)

Steve