[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] What I would like to see in m0n0wall
 Date:  Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:38:31 -0500
Dennis Karlsson wrote:
> I already know everything you said.

Oh...  Sorry...  I was just trying to help...  Shucks...  Nobody likes
me... ;)

> Lee Sharp wrote:
>> Dennis Karlsson wrote:

>>> * Services: Dynamic DNS client - Add support for multiple Dynamic DNS
>>> clients
>>
>> Many are supported out of the box.  More with custom config.  More in
>> the beta...
>
> Multiple client. At the same time, ofcourse.

Have you heard of http://www.dnsomatic.com/ yet?  You update them, and
they update everyone!  It is run by the OpenDNS people, which may be a
good thing, or a bad thing...

>>> * Services: DHCP server - It would be nice if we could specify NTP
>>> server and IPv6 reservations. It would be nice if you could specify
>>> both IPv4 and IPv6 on one reservation.

>> Again, check the beta.  It has some of those features.  Also there are
>> several hidden dhcp config options described in the wiki.

> I know. I don't want the feature I asked for to be hidden. That's is why
> I asked for it.

<obligatory FOSS comment>  Then write it!  You have the source.
</obnoxious comment> ;)

In all seriousness, some options are not there specifically to keep
people from doing dangerous things.  Also, we have to support them.
But, I see no real problem with NTP server.  I also see no need, so
there is little incentive for me to do it.  If you want to take a crack
at it, we can help you set up an easy Dev environment to make custom
images.  I have one that runs in Qemu.  If you provide a patch, it will
probably be included in the next build.  We can also help you with
debugging the patch.  It is actually fun to develop on, and easy to learn.

			Lee