[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Heinrich Boeder <heinrich at security dash division dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: How to connect monowall and DSL modem
 Date:  Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:58:41 +0200
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:32:59 +0700, "GD Incorporation"
<golddragoninc at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Dear All Experts
>
> I have a little problem in connecting 1 computer behind monowall to
outside
> world for our convenience of working.
>
> Basically I have this server that holds our file, I wanted to create
> somekind of VPN connection to our internal server that passes through the
> ADSL modem so that we can connect to our office from anywhere.
>
> Here is the current diagram of our network:
> 								     |--
> Network PC1
> Internet -- DSL Modem (Prolink 9000H) -- Monowall ---|-- Network PC2
> 		(11.121.1.1)				     |-- Server
>
> Now the plan is that I want to connect the server via internet. I manage
> make my modem open and I have a static ip address on the modem site (ex:
> 11.121.1.1). But when I call the IP from the internet, it only goes as
far
> as the modem interface. Although, I think I set the modem to check if I
> required port 80000, it should direct to the Monowall, then I am blank on
> what needs to be done.
>
> I was wondering if anyone expert with such modem or case? Or can anyone
> give
> me the big picture or the basic on how to connect such case?
>
> Any help would really be a great help.
>
> Thanks
> Rendra

Hi Rendra,

it sounds like your modem isn´t configured as a modem. Is it a router
maybe, too?
If so ... check if you did the NAT correctly to your M0n0wall interface.

Cheers,

Henry

--
Security is just an illusion

http://www.heinrichboeder.com

-----
This message was scanned by the LM Networkx Mailsystem and is believed to be clean. Please contact
the Postmaster if you received this mail in error or if you think that it is spam.

LM Networkx Mailsystem