[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Joel Carter <joel dot carter at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mini-PCI wireless antenna selection
 Date:  Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:31:12 -0700
Hi Lee thanks for the response.

The card is a Ubiquiti SR2 (http://www.ubnt.com/products/sr2.php).
When I was using it in Linux it definitely needed the antenna setting
to work with the u.Fl connector (it has one u.Fl and one MMCX). I was
using madwifi in Linux. Again, with little experience in BSD I don't
know how that related but with the exec page I will start playing
around if I have problems.

Thanks, Joel.

> From: Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
> To: "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:11:51 -0500
> Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] Mini-PCI wireless antenna selection
> Joel Carter wrote:
>> Hey there.
>> Wondering if it's possible to specify the antenna the wireless card is
>> to use in the GUI? In Linux using this card I add the following to
>> /etc/sysctl.conf:
>> dev.wifi0.diversity = 0
>> dev.wifi0.rxantenna = 1
>> dev.wifi0.txantenna = 1
>> Don't have much experience with BSD but would it be similar? I suppose
>> I could always install the SSH server and hard code it.
> You can try with the hidden exec.php page, and if it works use shell commands in the config file.
 But the question is does the FreeBSD driver support those options?  What card is it?