[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gil Vidals <gvidals at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  adding large number of country IPs to monowall
 Date:  Sun, 19 Apr 2009 21:53:24 -0700
I'm brand new to m0n0wall. I've been reading the documentation and forums to
learn about m0n0wall. My commercial firewall (Sonicwall) only allows me to
add 100 rules; however, I need to add about 2,000 CIDR ranges
(XX.XX.XX.XX/YY).

I plan on creating the XML entries using a perl script to generate the 2,000
rules. Then I would copy and paste the rules into m0n0wall's config.xml
file.

1) Is this a reasonable approach?

2) How can I estimate the amount of RAM required to hold 2,000 rules?

3) Has anyone done this.

In advance, I appreciate any guidance.

Gil at Vidals dot net