[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Herland Georg <Georg dot Herland at edb dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  M0n0wall is great for private/small business networks.
 Date:  Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:05:47 +0200
Hi!

I have used M0n0wall now for the past 4 versions (test startup even a few versions earlier), and it
works perfectly. Some minor bug in the Captive Portal that kept me puzzling for a while... But that
was all.
In my home I now utilize M0n0wall on my 32MB CF as follows:
5 physical interfaces and two as trunked VLANs
Captive Portal
Dynamic DNS
DHCP server on multiple Ifs
NAT
Traffic shaper

I have not been successful with connecting to my RADIUS server, but it's probably my knowledge to
RADIUS that is the issue. How about embedding a RADIUS daemon to M0n0wall?
I run DNS separate on a local server to keep track of my local IP's as well as globals.

Well as I said, it works fine. Earlier I used FloppyFW, which was great, but gave me some more work
on upgrading and adapting settings to the different versions. (A brilliant fellow from my own
country: http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/)

Kind regards,
Georg(e) Herland
www.herland.org