[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mohammed Ismail" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  ng0 snmp could not read interface
 Date:  Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:12:19 +0200
I am running Observer NMS on a FreeBSD 6.4 Machine.

And it is reading m0n0wall interfaces like xl0, xl1, fxp0, enc0, lo0

I could not get to read ng0 interface which holds the IP assigned by the ISP

In observer config

### Interface name strings to ignore

$config['bad_if'] = array("null", "virtual-", "unrouted", "eobc", "mpls",
"sl0", "lp0", "faith0",

             "-atm layer", "-atm subif", "-shdsl", "-adsl", "-aal5", "-atm",
"stackport",

             "async", "plip", "-physical", "-signalling", "control plane",
"stacksub",

             "bri", "-bearer", "bluetooth", "isatap", "ras", "qos",
"miniport", "lo0", "enc0");

There was "ng" and I removed it ,

It did not work, I tried removing "virtual-" nothing happened ,

Then I told observer to ignore nothing

But I could not manage to read ng0 interface

Although it is up and holds the IP assigned by ISP

Am I missing some thing here?

It is important because I need to get syslog-NG to work, and I cannot unless
I know the WAN IP for each m0n0wall on observer. Which is not assigned to
physical interface on m0n0wall because my WAN connection is set to PPPoE

..

Best Regards,

Mohammed .