[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Intel 2200BG & Atheros AR9220 not reconized
 Date:  Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:34:32 -0500
Melvin wrote:
> Lee Sharp wrote:
>> Melvin wrote:

>>> It appears the 3610 is being replaced by the 3500.  Any experience
>>> with those yet?
>>
>> Not yet, and I am not sure if it is a replacement or an alternative.
>> We need to hammer one side by side to be sure.
>>
>>             Lee
>
> Please let me know if you get a chance to do so.  I got 'replace' from
> this link, so I don't know what their source is/was.  I might be that
> they've made that decision rather than the manufacturer.
>
> http://www.wirelessnetworkproducts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1874

Well...  The say "Replaced by ECB3500, Higher power and lower cost" but
they are both 600mw.  And I just ordered a few more cases from the
factory last week, and no one said, "Gee...  We don't have those."

Also the prices tehy have are a little high...  $142 verses $94.
http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=230
  But the one to look at is the 2610.
http://www.keenansystems.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=251
and it includes a POE injector.