[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andy Hofstee" <andyhofstee at gmx dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  MAC pass- through problem
 Date:  Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:18:57 +0800
Good morning,

I run m0n0 since quite some time, the diverse wifi- access point's, are hard- wired and each has his
unique IP.

Now I extended my network by means of a wifi repeater to one of the access- point's.

The captive- portal, if a client is logging- on, within the range of the new repeater, is working
fine, but if a pass- through MAC client is trying to get access, the captive- portal is not passing
the client through anymore.

I noticed following log entry's:

kernel: arp: 192.168.254.243 moved from 00:1c:bf:8b:e9:e5 to 00:c9:96:87:7e:69 on vr1

so the MAC 00:1c:bf:8b:e9:e5, which is a pass-through, is moved, for what ever reason to
00:c9:96:87:7e:69.

Then the captive- portal eventually is not recognizing this new MAC as a pass- through.

Can any one help me regarding that issue?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Andy