[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Moreau <francois dot moreau at yahoo dot fr>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wireless Intel 2200BG & Atheros AR9220 not reconized
 Date:  Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:30:55 +0200
> I am confused to your status.  A few posts ago you could not get them to
> work, and nor they "no longer" work.  Did they ever work?  Under what
> config?
>
> Personally I have never been able to get internal wireless to perform as
> well as a real AP, so I use Ethernet and real APs.  It also makes
> troubleshooting easier.

I'm sorry for my dirty english.

My both cards never works on my Alix board. Unfortunatly, the Atheros
9220 never tested with other hardware, the Intel 200BG works fine in my
laptop on... Windows ! In old time I have put FreeBSD on this laptop,
but I do not remember if wireless interface work.

I have tested with Zeroshell Linux on my Alix board, strange config,
wireless would'nt work.

I will try to install a real FreeBSD or another Linux version... But
this solution is not very good for me.

Of course, disociate elements of a network is better, a real AP with a
real Router and a real Firewall is the best... But that archithecture
demands three hardware box ! A AP runing on m0n0wall, it's only one box.