[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] log visited sites of captive portal users.
 Date:  Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:42:22 -0500
YvesDM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> New laws in europe force us to keep track of our captive portal users.
> I've been thinking of adding logrules on dest ports 80,443,22,etc and log
> everything to a remote syslog server.
> On the other hand we've got quite some hotspots and I'm afraid this will
> generate tons of traffic.
> Anyone who has worked out a solution already to do this with m0n0wall?

Ask a lawyer.  Seriously...  Some of these new requirements are totally
insane.  One bill here that may still become law will require home users
to keep logs of everything from there home wifi router for 3 years!

A lawyer can tell you if you can just get away with using radius to
track captive portal logins, or if you will need more.  There may be
some "unfair burden" provisions that exempt you from some things if
there are not supported by your existing equipment.

			Lee