[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sasa Baksa" <sasa dash stjepan dot baksa at os dot t dash com dot hr>
 To:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_Moreau?= <francois dot moreau at yahoo dot fr>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall is great for private/small business networks.
 Date:  Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:06:01 +0200
Yes, m0n0 is great, and for me works with some larger bussines networks.
Just use "muscle" hardware. :-)

As a mater of radius, it can authenticate against local user base
LDAP, unix user, MYSQL etc. and, I can say that for freeradius,
it does not demand MYSQL or any othere database if you
don't wont that. It is nice to have connection to database for
accounting purposese but it is not mandatory.

Another point is that I don't like idea of having radius server on
my firewall/NAS system (NAS - as network access system)
but as always my view is not universal and depends on personal
preferences.

Sasa